It’s Justin from:
I’m a quasi-minimalist/utilitarian who doesn’t buy much in general. Let me make it clear that my blog is in no way an homage to consumerism or the purchasing of stuff we don’t necessarily need. Thrifting, I believe is a wonderful way to give an item a second life.
So today im here to share my 5 top thrifting tips with you all, as well as some of my favourite thrift finds from this week. Be sure to check out my blog for loads more great info on thrifting.
Justins famous 5 top tips:
1. Bring moist towelettes or hand sanitizer. Thrifting isn’t for the light of heart. In the words of certified junker Aaron Draplin “GET IN THERE.” Don’t be afraid to dig in, under, or around stuff. You never know what you’re going to uncover when you’re fully dedicated to hunting them treasures.
2. Don’t bring babies. They cry and you can lose focus because they‘re always wanting toys and such.
3. Plan your route. This is helpful to be able to hit as many junk sales/thrift stores as you fancy. I mean – who likes to waste fuel?
4. Keep an open mind about stuff. If you’re looking for something too partiuclar, you may pass over something else you’ve been hunting for or something completely rad.
5. Wear comfortable stuff. I personally don my comfy weekend jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie. You’re gonna be walking, crouching, and milling around, so you might as well be comfortable while doing it.
Thanks Justin! Remember these guys and theres no reason why you can’t hit the jack pot…^_____^
Dont forget to check out Justins blog, Things i found (at the thrift store) as he sure does know his stuff!
Thanks a bunch Justin, was a pleasure having you here at Fluffyghost.
If you have anything you would like to share on Thrift Thursday, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org & you to could be on nexts weeks feature.
Well thats all for today folks.
See you soon.