I would like to make a little note before I share my D.I.Y and apologise for being a fool…As I got my posts mixed up if you could tell. This one was meant for Wednesday, but strangely enough I posted Thrift Thursday a day earlier…Whoops sorry guys, I swear I would lose my head if it wasnt stuck on!
Anyway as some of you might know I’m doing Project ReStyle over at A Beautiful mess.
So here’s my latest re – vamp on the classic, yet ever so dull cork memo board.
1. Lay the memo board on top of your fabric.
2. Cut around the memo board leaving at least 5cm to fold over the back.
3. Place fabric over the top of the memo board, (on the cork side) turn around and staple the fabric all along each side of the board.
4. Measure and cut the ribbon depending on where you want it to go on the board.
5. Place ribbon over the front of the board (on top of the fabric) pull each end tightly and staple. Continue this step, till you happy with your ribbons layout and its fastened properly.
6. Decide where you want your embellishments to sit, then with the super glue, glue into place. (I only used super glue as I didn’t want anything to come unstuck, but a glue gun would work just as well!)
7. Screw in the two circular hooks into the top of the memo board and thread with ribbon. (The circular hooks come with the board when brought new. If you don’t have them, then you can pick them up at any D.I.Y store, for pennies.)
8. Place any cute postcards or anything of your choosing onto your memo board.
9. Step back & admire your brand new, fully functional memo board.
I brought the yellow Hello Kitty ribbon & red kawaii card from Super Cute Kawaii.
The best thing about this D.I.Y is that its super easy and can be accomplished within 30 minutes easy!
See you soon…